Wednesday 12 February 2014

The Sculptor and the Film Maker



Stills from the days shoot at the workshop with Sam Creamer

I met up with ‘Cameraman Sam Creamer’ today at the studio to help me document the progress of the Cobtree Commission. The intention is to create a 5 min short, focusing on the work I’ve been carrying out for Maidstone Borough Council. It wasn’t one of the best days for filming at the workshop, as the weather as usual was wet, dark and gloomy! The footage did however set the scene of how working conditions have been for the last two months!! Sam managed to get some great cut-away shots and close ups of the tools and the stone. He has a real eye for detail and what works on the screen. I am looking forward to seeing the final edited version. When all the work gets installed into the park I hope to get Sam back to film all the sculptures in situ, by that time hopefully the weather would have improved. 





No comments:

Post a Comment